We only commission or notarize documents for income or housing security matters and in the areas of laws that we provide.

If you have other documents that need to be commissioned or notarized, please contact:

City of Greater Sudbury Commissioner of Oaths

Clerk’s Services provides municipal document certification services and the services of a Commissioner of Oaths. Some documents that commonly require these services include but are not limited to:

Statutory Declarations - for example, Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
Pension withdrawal.

Hours and location

Clerk’s Services
Tom Davies Square, 2nd Floor,
200 Brady Street, Sudbury.

No appointment is required at Tom Davies Square. Mondays to Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Service is also available by appointment at Citizen Service Centres in Capreol, Chelmsford, Dowling, Garson, Hanmer and Lively.


The fee is $38 per copy of each document as outlined in the User Fee By-law.

Service Ontario

The Government Information Centre is available to swear affidavits on municipal or provincial government matters. They cannot help with financial or family law issues.

  • Unit 101, 40 Elm Street, Sudbury, Ontario P3C 1S8 (705) 674-4503
  • Unit 300, 199 Larch Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 5P9  1-800-267-8097
  • Unit 6A, 4764 Regional Road 15, Chelmsford, ON P0M 1L0 (705) 855-7568
  • Unit 4, 3060 Falconbridge Hwy, Garson, P3L 1P6 (705) 592-3322
  • Unit 1, 140 Regional Road 24, Lively, ON P3Y 1C3 (705) 692-5401
  • Unit 4, 2987 Highway 69 North, ValCaron, ON P3N 1E3 (705)588-2404

If you need a document notarized by a notary public, we suggest that you use Google to search for notaries in the City of Greater Sudbury. For information on the difference between a notary and a commissioner of oaths visit this website.

Law Society Referral Service

This is an online service that gives you a free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer or paralegal. A crisis line is available Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Toll-free crisis line: 1-855-947-5255