Housing Law

We can help with housing problems, including:

  • Your landlord wants to evict you
  • You have already received an eviction order from the Landlord and Tenant Board
  • Your rent subsidy is going to be cut off
  • The superintendent is harassing you
  • You are a co-op member and the co-op wants to evict you

In some cases, if you are within our financial criteria, we can represent you before the Landlord and Tenant Board. In other cases, we can provide advice and/or written documentation such as self-help material to guide you in attending your hearing at the Landlord and Tenant Board. We do not currently assist tenants with bringing applications about maintenance and repairs to the Landlord and Tenant Board.

We cannot assist landlords. They can, however, contact Landlord Self-Help at 1-800-730-3128.

The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about housing and other common legal problems.