Traffic/Provincial Offences

We don’t provide help with traffic or provincial offences.

Provincial Offences

Provincial offences are non-criminal charges, under legislation like:

  • Ontario Highway Traffic Act
  • Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
  • Liquor Licence Act
  • Trespass to Property Act
  • City by-law charges about noise control, animal control, waste collection, etc.

For information or help, please contact:

Law Society Referral Service

This is an online service that gives you a free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer or paralegal. A crisis line is available Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Toll-free crisis line: 1-855-947-5255

City of Greater Sudbury

The City of Greater Sudbury is responsible for the prosecution of most provincial offence charges issued within City of Greater Sudbury. Visit their website to make payments and to read other options such as: plea of guilty with payment of total payable, plea of guilty with submissions as to penalty, or requesting a trial.
Call: 705-673-0404

Licence Appeal Tribunal

The Licence Appeal Tribunal holds hearings on a wide variety of matters, including medical suspension of driver’s licences and the impounding of motor vehicles.
Call: 1-800-255-2214

Ministry of Transportation – Medical Review

Physicians and optometrists are required to report any patient age 16 or over who may be suffering from a medical or visual condition that may impair their ability to drive to the Registrar of Motor Vehicles. The Ministry can give you information on how to have your driver’s licence suspension lifted.
Call: 1-800-268-1481